Free or Cheap Things to do in Monterey
- McAbee Beach
- Del Monte Beach – Nice Little White Sand Beach, Sand Castles, Walking, Watching the Sunset – Free!
- San Carlos Beach – Where the divers go – Free!
- Path of History
- Alvarado Street at Night
- Jack’s Peak County Park Cheap!
- San Carlos Cathedral – Newly Restored 500 Church St Free!
- Huckleberry Hill Nature Preserve – Free!
- Rent a Paddle Boat on Lake El Estero – Cheap!
- Rent a Surrey and Pedal Along the Recreation Trail – Cheap!
- Dennis the Menace Park in Monterey – for kids big & small! Free!
Incredible playground on a little island/peninsula. Features full size train engine, swinging bridge, climbing wall and playground equipment for all ages and sizes of kids! Best loved park or playground on the Monterey Peninsula!
- Monterey Recreation Trail – Free!
This trail is great for walking, jogging, biking and roller blading. You can go for miles from Pacific Grove, thru Monterey and Seaside areas and all the way to Marina!
- Cannery Row – John Steinbeck territory. A visit to the Monterey Peninsula would not be complete without stopping here. Free!
- View the Sealions & Birds at end of the Monterey Coast Guard Pier – Free!
- Fisherman’s Wharf Monterey – stroll along the wharf, watch the people, the birds, boats and sample clam chowder. Free!
- Commercial Pier -Municipal Wharf 2 – A working pier where the fishing boats come in with their catch. Free!
- Cypress Street Park – Just a little neighborhood park. But with a cool geodesic rope dome for climbing & tennis court. Free!
- Frog Pond Wetland Preserve in Del Rey Oaks next door to Monterey. Free!
- Hold and Pose with a Beautiful Parrot – Fisherman’s Wharf! Cheap!