Pacific Grove is called the “last home town” for it’s small town ambiance. The downtown area is great for browsing, stopping for lunch or coffee. There are a number of great antique shops in the downtown area. The town is also called the Butterfly Town. There is an annual Butterfly parade. Be sure and visit the Butterfly sanctuary where the Monarch Butterflies spend the winter.
- Window Shop – Downtown Pacific Grove – Free!
- Drive Along the Ocean on Ocean Ave Free!
- Asilomar State Beach – Watch the sunset, walk or play in the sand. Free!
- Pacific Grove Natural History Museum, Good for History buffs, museum lovers… – Free!
- Butterfly Sanctuary – Pacific Grove – Free!
This spot is pure magic. Stroll thru the trees and look carefully, binoculars are good. Look carefully at the chains of “leaves or flowers” hanging from the trees – they are monarch butterflies.
- Point Pinos Lighthouse – Lighthouse in gorgeous setting overlooking golf course, small pond and of course the ocean! Cheap!
- Lover’s Point Park – Beautiful 4 + acre park with small beach, picnic area and incredible views. Free!
- El Carmelo Cemetery – Where the Deer Hang Out – Late evening is best for deer watching – Free!
Pacific Grove Videos (Click on Image)